My various activities don’t generally connect up this closely, but I thought I would give the technical instructions for this on this blog to keep them together with other technical issues.
I have created an XML feed, generally compatible with the RSS standard for my Bible Version Selection Tool. When I say “generally compatible, I mean that you can read it with some RSS readers, but that it isn’t a standard RSS file as it isn’t regularly updated. I might have tried for a more complex publishing standard for shared resources, but this seems to work. You should not subscribe with a feed reader, though displaying the page in a browser (I’ve tested it primarily with Firefox 2) seems to work just fine.
I have posted a page that uses this feed at http://biblepacesetter.org/publishing/versions.php,
and you can see the example code (using MagpieRSS) here. That page should provide an adequate explanation for how to use the feed.
I have also managed to put it into an RSS widget under WordPress and at the moment I’m displaying one on my Participatory Bible Study blog, but don’t be surprised if it’s missing later, as I haven’t figured out what value it would be except as a test.
The feed URL is http://www.mybibleversion.com/xml.php, and you can see all the possible parameters by using the selection tool itself, and copying the URL. Each URL that will work for the main page will also work for the feed.